CAREER AND GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT CENTER
The Career Center of Sumgayit State University was established according to the "Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on Education" dated June 19, 2009, No. 833-IIIQ of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Regulation of the Career Center of Sumgayit State University was approved by the decision of the meeting of the Academic Council of Sumgayit State University dated 29.05.2015 (pr. No. 08). Associate professor Amirkhan Isayev has been executing as the director of the Career Center since 03.06.2019. The career center has expanded its activities in recent years. Therefore, the name and regulation of the career center were changed by the decision of the Scientific Council of Sumgayit State University dated 21.12.2022 (protocol No. 4). The name of the career center is called CAREER AND GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT CENTER.
The Career Center of Sumgayit State University is a structural unit of the university and must organize the professional experience of the masters and undergraduates in the two-level structure of higher education, and support the graduates in finding a job.
The Career Center intends to carry out its activities in accordance with the existing legislation, on the basis of agreements and contracts concluded with state, private and foreign enterprises.
In the world experience, employment of graduates is considered one of the most important indicators in determining the ranking of universities, as well as faculties and departments. The Career Center prepares senior students studying at Sumgayit State University for the business world by advising and guiding them in planning their careers.
The main goal of the Career Center is to increase the knowledge, practical skills and habits of young people, and to implement complex organizational, technical, informational, consulting, teaching and educational measures to solve their employment problems.
ACTIVITY DIRECTIONS OF THE CAREER CENTER
1. Preparation of an electronic database of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and dissertation students;
2. Preparation of business incubation mechanism for undergraduate and graduate students;
3. Creation and management of the internet portal of the center;
4. Organizing and holding job fairs for young people every year;
5. The holding of fairs is the final stage of the educational process and is a new form of employment for graduates in the market economy for the national education system;
6. Creation of analytical groups;
7. Providing consulting services and preparing projects in various spheres;
8. Ensuring participation in events related to being a member of the management board of the career centers council established by the state employment agency;
9. Expansion of cooperation with career centers operating in higher schools of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
10. Organization of cooperation with career centers operating in H. Aliyev centers in the regions;