Career Center of Sumgayit State University was established by Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan Republic according to “Education Law of Azerbaijan Republic” (№833-IIIQ) of dated June 19, 2009.
Regulations of Career Center of Sumgayit State University was approved by decision (Protocol №08) of Sumgayit State University Scientific Board’s meeting dated May 29, 2015. Since 03.06.2019 docent Amirkhan Isayev has been leading the Career Center.
Career Center of Sumgayit State University is a structural division of the university and should organize specialty based internships for master and bachelor’s students and support graduates to get a job.
It is considered to realize activities of “Career Center” based on agreements and contracts signed with state, private and foreign enterprises according to existing legislation.
Employment of graduates is considered to be one of the most important parameters for defining rating of universities, faculties and chairs. Career Center prepares upper course students of Sumgayit State University for business world by consultation services and directs them in career planning.
Main purpose of establishing Career Center is to increase knowledge, practical skills of students and take complex organizational, technical, informational, consulting, educational and enlightening actions for solution of their employment problem.
ACTIVITY DIRECTIONS OF CAREER CENTER
1. To prepare electronic database of bachelor and master students, PhD candidates;
2. To prepare business incubation mechanism of bachelor and master students;
3. To create and manage internet portal of Career Center;
4. To arrange and realize job fair for youth;
5. To arrange analytical groups;
6. To arrange industrial and pedagogical internship;
7. Consulting service and to prepare projects